Hurricane Season is here. Be prepared!
As hurricane season gets underway, it’s a good time to carefully review your homeowners insurance policy because your policy may include a special deductible for wind or hurricane damage. Is your deductible on your policy too high? Give us a call and we’ll be happy to provide you with a quote from one of our select carriers. Also keep in mind that much of the damage caused by hurricanes is often caused by flooding, which is excluded in most homeowners policies. As such, you may want to consider a flood insurance policy as well.
Here are a few hurricane prep tips to consider –
- Agree with family where to go when a hurricane evacuation is ordered. It’s good to have at least two possible destinations away from the storm path.
- Map a route to get to your safe destination. Include at least two ways to get there in case one is blocked or closed.
- In case you are separated, choose one person outside your area that everyone can call to report they’ve reached safety.
- Have a portable disaster kit ready with first aid supplies, non-perishable food, water, a flashlight and copies of insurance documents.
- Consider keeping your gas tank topped off during hurricane season, during an evacuation it’s not uncommon for long lines to form at gas stations or for stations to run out of gas.
Special Thanks to Foremost Insurance for these friendly tips!
Tags: Austin TX InsuranceCypress TX Insuranceflood insurance houston txhome insurance houston txhouston tx InsuranceHurricane Safety TipsHurricanesKaty TX Insurancespring tx insurance